While AirPods are an Apple product, they may nevertheless connect to other devices wirelessly. AirPods are simple to connect to all of your Apple devices, including your iPhone and Mac pc. However, you can connected them to your Google Chromebook just as easy as any other wireless speakers or headphones by pairing them using Bluetooth.
To begin, ensure that your Bluetooth settings are turned on and ready to pair. These information can be accessed on your Chromebook’s desktop in the bottom right hand corner.
How to Connect AirPods to a Chromebook?
While AirPods work with almost any Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, you won’t be receiving all of the functionality that you would with an Apple device on non-Apple devices. Siri will not be able to respond to your requests, and the AirPods battery metre will not appear on your device.
You can use a third-party application to display battery capacity on your system if you like. For example, you can open Google Assistant by using an app like Assistant Trigger and then double tapping an earpiece.
Simply ensure any video or audio applications on whatever Apple device you have are closed before connected your AirPods to your Chromebook, as these may cause issues when trying to connect to a Chromebook.
- To begin, turn on your Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings to make the connecting procedure easier.
- Select the network icon in the lower right corner of the window, near to the digital clock and battery icon, to open the Menu on your Chromebook.
- Notifications, WiFi, and Bluetooth are just a few of the options available from the Menu. If Bluetooth isn’t turned on, choose it and turn it on.
- When you turn on Bluetooth on your Chromebook, it will start looking for nearby wireless devices. Because Bluetooth connections consume the recharging, keep your AirPods charging port with the AirPods inside.
- The AirPods should display in the list of near the area wireless connections systems on your Chromebook.
- If you’re not seeing them, click the Setup button on the back of the AirPods charging case and wait for your Chromebook to identify them.
- On your Chromebook, go to Bluetooth Available Devices and choose your AirPods from the list.
- Then, on your Chromebook, confirm any notifications you see. The LED light on your AirPods chargers will turn green after the devices are connected, signalling that they’re now associated with your Chromebook. In addition, the status of your Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings will be Connected.
You’ve successfully linked your AirPods to your Chromebook, and you can now change the sound settings directly from your Chromebook.
Note: Stay within 20 feet of your Chromebook to keep the AirPods’ Bluetooth connection; otherwise, the connection will be lost.
How to Disconnect AirPods From a Chromebook?
You can put your AirPods back in the case and close the lid if you are not using them or would like to take a break from listening to songs or a podcast. Not only will they be disconnected from your Chromebook, but they will also be charged.
AirPods can also be disconnected from a Chromebook using the Bluetooth settings on your laptop.
- To disconnect the machines, go to Settings > Bluetooth on your Chromebook and toggle the toggle from blue to black to deactivate or turning off the Bluetooth connection.
- Click the three-dot icon next to your AirPods’ name and then Removed from list when you no longer want to pair them with your Chromebook.
- Alternatively, you can complete the procedure by pressing the little Pair located on the back of the AirPods charging case.
Connection issues with Airpod and Chromebook:
The Airpod does not connect to the Chromebook:
The very first step is to make sure that Bluetooth on your other electronics, such as your iPhone, iPad, or Macbook, is turned off. While you’re attempts to pair with the Chromebook, the Airpod may be trying to connect with these devices. You can also try turning on Bluetooth on another device to see if it gets detected. If that’s not the case, the issue could be with the Chromebook. Finally, we propose that you reset the Airpod. Place the Airpod in the case and press the pair button for approximately 20 seconds to do so.
Also Read: utsa blackboard login
Although the connection has been established, the audio is skipping:
If you really can link up to the Airpods but the audio isn’t working, try activating Newblue, which is available through one of Chrome OS’s flags. Navigate to chrome:/flags/#newblue and select the enable button. Finally, turn on your Chromebook and waiting for the flag to turn on. This could aid in the resolution of audio problems.
Audio is out of sync:
Whether you can connect the Airpod to the Chromebook but still the sound in either ear is out of sync, you might try covering both ears to break the connection. The Airpod will now be fixed after the earphones have been removed, and it may be able to sync again. Another option is to put the AirPods in the case for several seconds before using them. This will also disconnect and rejoin the AirPods, potentially resolving the audio out of sync issue.
Airpods and Chromebooks aren’t compatible:
Although this is an extremely unusual occurrence, there have been a few accounts. In this instance, purchasing a new pair of wireless earbuds or wired headphones would have been the best option.
We hope this article was helpful in getting your Chromebook to work with an Airpod. The majority of connection issues are simple to fix. If you’re still having trouble, your best bet is to acquire a different earpiece. Please contact us if you have any questions about the content.