If you have recently graduated from high school, you have a plethora of options, chances, and courses to choose from. A travel and tourism courses after 12th may be the appropriate decision for someone who appreciates travelling, learning about other cultures, and interacting with people. The subject of travel and tourism management is brimming with promising opportunities across a variety of interdisciplinary specialist skills. If you have recently completed your secondary schooling and are looking for job choices that will take you far, check out our special article on a variety of travel and tourism courses that you might consider pursuing.
Travel and Tourism Jobs in India:
Since the last several years, travel and tourism courses has been one of the quickest sectors in the world, contributing significantly to the global economy. Tourism has been steadily growing and is increasing with each passing year. According to polls, travel and tourism has grown significantly since 2017, and the tourism industry will represent approximately 45 percent of global GDP in the years ahead. Every year, a large number of people travel to India and other countries.
The following are some of the countries that receive a large number of tourists each year:
- United Kingdom
- United States
Travel and Tourism Government Jobs in India:
- Government Tourism Board/Ministry of Tourism Jobs
- Job in Visa Department
- Cruise Line Companies
- Railway Department
- Customer Relations manager
- Air traffic controller
- Marketing manager
- Govt. Travel Teacher
- Cargo Companies
- Flight analyst
- Human resource
- Guest Relations Officer
- Tourism Researchers
- Food Industry
- Travel Consultant.
- Government-run hospitality services like hotels.
- Government tourist information officer
- Government-run transportation services such as ticketing services etc
- Jobs in different Government Airlines Sector
- Airline/Ground Staff
- Airport Operator
- Airline Operator
- Operations Executive
- International Travel and Tourism Industries.
Private Jobs in Travel and Tourism in India:
- Travel Agencies
- Travel Consultants
- Tour Operators
- Pvt. Travel Professor
- Tourist Resorts and Hotels
- Other Hospitality Areas
- Jobs in Private airlines
- Different Jobs in Hotels/ resorts/ stay homes/ guest house/ lodges etc
- Jobs in Private Cruise Lines
- Jobs in Tourism Marketing Management
- Tourism Information Officer and many more.
Travel and Tourism Courses:
The duration and cost of all travel and tourism courses are listed in the table below.
|Name of the Course||Duration||Average Fee|
|Diploma in Airline, Travel and Tourism||1 to 2 years||INR 50,000|
|B.Com Travel and Tourism Management||3 years||INR 90,000|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||4 Years||INR 1,80,000|
|Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management||3 years||INR 60,000|
|Bachelor in Tourism Studies||3 years||INR 1,20,000|
|B.Sc. Airlines, Tourism & Hospitality||3 years||INR 1,18,000|
|B.A. in Tourism||3 years||INR 1,01,000|
|BBA (Tourism & Travel)||3 years||INR 1,08,000|
|B.A. in Management of Tourism Business||3 years||INR 1,20,000|
|Master of Tourism Administration||2 years||INR 1,23,000|
|MBA in Tourism Management||2 years||INR 1,09,000|
|MA in Tourism Management||2 years||INR 1,08,000|
|Master of Tourism Administration||2 years||INR 50,000|
|PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism||1 year||INR 1,03,000|
|Master of Tourism and Hotel Management(MTHM)||2 year||INR 1,21,000|
Eligibility for Travel and Tourism Courses:
Diploma and Graduation Courses:
- You must have completed 10+2 (any stream) from a recognised board of education in order to apply for diploma and graduate-level tourism courses.
- Admission to the diploma course is based on performance in the 12th grade board test or state-level admission exams.
- Similarly, universities that offer graduate programmes in tourism may accept you based on your grades in high school. However, admission to some government colleges may be based on the NCHM JEE test.
- You must have finished your graduating degree to apply for these courses (preferably in the field of tourism).
- Admission to the majority of these programmes is based on entrance examinations administered either at the state level or by the university separately.
- You will need to take entrance examinations such as the CAT or MAT if you want to pursue an MBA in tourism.
Travel and Tourism Industry Requires Specific Skills:
You must verify the required qualifying criteria given by your selected university when applying for a travel and tourism course after 12th grade. The following are the standard eligibility requirements for any diploma-level or bachelor’s degree programme in Travel & Tourism:
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 senior secondary school with the minimum grades required by the university offering the course.
- If you want to study travel and tourism in another country, you’ll need to submit language proficiency scores from exams like the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and others, as well as a viable SOP and LORs, during the application process.
Travel and Tourism Management Courses after 12th:
Diploma Courses After Class 12th (10+2):
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Tourism and Ticketing
- Diploma in Airfare and Ticketing
- Diploma in Tourism Studies
- Diploma in Aviation, Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Tourist Guide
Bachelor’s Degree Courses After Class 12th (10+2):
- BA in Travel and Tourism Management
- BA in Hospitality, Travel and Tourism Management
- Science in Travel and Tourism Management
- BA in Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Tourism Studies
- Bachelor of Tourism Administration
- Com. Travel and Tourism Management
- BA Travel and Tourism
- Sc. in Hospitality and Travel Management
- BBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- BBA in Hospitality and Travel Management
- BBA in Air Travel Management
Postgraduate Courses in the Travel & Tourism:
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA in Travel & Tourism
- Master of Tourism Administration (MTA)
- MA/MSc Hospitality Management with Specialization in Travel, Leisure & Tourism
- PG Diploma in Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Management
Online Courses in Travel & Tourism after 12th:
The top online courses in the field of travel and tourism are listed below:
- Applied Travel & Tourism
- Life Beyond tourism travel to dialogue
- Travel Management Course ( Skill-based)
- 30 Smart Marketing Tips for your Tourism Business
- Family Tourism
- Principal Amenities for the Luxury Traveler
- Basics of Travel Consultancy
- Fundamentals of Tourism
Top Institutes for Travel & Tourism Careers & Jobs in India:
- Centre for Tourism Studies, Pondicherry University
- Indian Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management, Ghaziabad
- Kuoni Academy
- Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management
- Thomas Cook-Centre of Learning
- Amity Institute of Travel & Tourism
- Blue Whale Academy
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Hotel and Tourism Management Studies
- School of Hotel Management and Tourism
- National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Academy of Business Management, Tourism, & Research
- Garden City College
- Al-Ameen Institute of Management Studies, Hosur, Bangalore.
- Bundelkhand University, School of Tourism & Hotel Management, Jhansi
Travel & Tourism Job Opportunities Abroad:
For many Indian students, working overseas is a dream comes true. The travel and tourism industry is one of the industries with the most work prospects in other countries. In recent years, countries such as Australia, Canada, and New Zealand have been among the best. Please note, however, that due to work visa concerns, local degrees are always preferred. As a result, you should ideally have a foreign degree.
Job Opportunities after Travel and Tourism Courses:
In developing countries like India, tourism is one of the industries with a lot of potential. India invites tourists from all around the world to the cultural features of different cities thanks to various government initiatives aimed at promoting tourism.
As a result, the number of job openings in this business has increased. Various sectors hire tourism graduates from a variety of reputable universities across the country and provide exciting work opportunities. Travel planner, tourist guide, travel agent, and reservation agent are some of the job descriptions accessible in the tour and travel sector. The following are some of the most common industries that hire tourism graduates.
- Government of India, Tourism Department
- Tour Operators
- Transportation sector
- Travel Agencies
Salary Scope after Pursuing Travel and Tourism Courses:
After completing a tourism course, you will be able to apply for both government and private jobs. The government sector offers better wage opportunities and incentives than the commercial tourism industry. Salary packages, on the other hand, grow dramatically after completing an MBA or PGDM in Tourism Management from a reputable university.
You can expect a beginning salary of Rs. 20,000-25,000 per month after completing a diploma or graduate in this sector. In the aviation and airline industry, starting salaries might reach 60,000 dollars. Salary increases with experience, but the best packages are available to those who have completed an MBA programme in this profession. In the tourist industry, an MBA graduate can earn up to Rs. 80,000 per month as a beginning wage.
In India’s Travel and Tourism Industry, the Top Companies:
- Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
- State Tourism Boards (e.g. Kerala, North-East, Goa, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh etc.)
- Cox & Kings Ltd.
- Thomas Cook (India) Ltd
- MakeMyTrip (and GoIbibo)
- Balmer Lawrie Travel & Vacations
- Jet Airways
- India Healthcare Tourism (IHCT)
- Flying Fox
- SOTC India
- Kuoni Travel
- East India Travel Co
- Kesai Tours
- Clun Mahindra Holidays
- Air Asia
- American Express Global Business Travels
- Travix Leisure & Travels Pvt. Ltd.